This drawing shows the San Antonio Catholic Colony as Judge Edmund F. Dunne envisioned it in 1881. The city of San Antonio sits in the center, with farm villages two and one half miles away, at points of the compass. The wedge patterns indicate areas reserved for agriculutre and forest. The octagon around San Antonio marks the limits of the School and industrial district.
The drawing was copy by Laura Kirkland from Judge Dunne's original plan, in the Floridiana collection at University of South Florida.